- 1.When does the application sale start?
Provisional admissions will start as early as February of the year. Actual admissions will start based on the time frame and guide lines issued by the Tamil Nadu Higher Education Department’s policy guidelines for that particular academic year.
- 2.What are the branches offered in the college?
Refer Programmes offered in the Admission Menu https://www.gvncollege.org/Aidedcourses.php/
- 3.What are the eligibility condition for UG Course?
Pass with 50% of marks of the relevent subject to the course applied
- 4.How many applications can a candidate buy?
As per the subject he passed in the Higher Secondary. Candidates can apply more than two as he prefers.
- 5.What is the medium of instruction followed in the college?
English medium ,Tamil Mediu
- 6.What are the scholarship schemes available?
Government scholarship schemes and minority scholarship, and some private scholarship and direction to apply for Moovalur Amritham scheme.
- 7.How many clubs are there in the college?
It has more than ten clubs
- 8.How many research department do you have?
Yes, can be enrolled from the first and second year of degree course.
- 10.What are the college timings?
9.35am to 3.35pm
- 11.Are there opportunities for internships?
Yes, according the major they preferred.
- 12.What is the registration process for UG students?
Registration process is the entry form for getting applications for multiple programmes preferred by the student. Accessing our website
- 13.What is admission process followed at your college?
The students applying for the programme will be given admission based on merit abiding to Government reservations and Periyar University norms.
- 14.What is the eligibility criterion for UG programmes?
The candidates who seek admission to UG programmes must have completed +2 Examinations from a recognized board.
- 15.What are the programmes offered in your college?
The list of programmes offered by our college can be obtained from our college website
- 16.Can we transfer from Self Financing to Aided programmes and vice versa?
Yes, a candidate can transfer from one programme to another based on vacancy in the respective programmes and cut-off marks.
- 17.Can I apply for more than one programme?
Yes, candidates can apply for more than one programme by submitting a separate application for each programme
- 18.When will the selection list be released?
The selection list will be prepared as per the rules and regulations of the government and released as soon as possible
- 19.Can a candidate from any Board apply?
Yes. HSC, CBSE, ICSE and other approved Board results are accepted
- 20.How to get admission as a lateral entry (from other colleges)?
Lateral entry may be permitted according to vacancy positions in the respective programmes
- 21.What is the selection process?
Based on marks and community reservations; subject marks are considered for 400 and ranked
- 22.Is there a separate selection process for the special quota (ex-servicemen, sports-quota, disability-quota)?
Based on the rank list of a particular quota, for available vacancies in UG and PG courses respectively
- 23.What are the scholarships? Who is eligible to get scholarships?
Please contact the college for details
- 24.How many seats are allocated for the NRI quota?
Based on the vacancy position in the respective course and marks obtained by the applicant
- 25.What is the medium of instruction followed in your institution?
Only English medium.
- 26.Any preference for candidates from other states?
Yes, only in SF Courses alone and based on marks obtained by the candidate.
- 27.What is the last date for making payment for the application and completing the registration?
Even though application payment and registration will be kept open until admission is open, your application will be considered as part of the LATE application while generating the MERIT list. It is advised to complete registration as soon as you get the results. We advise the applicant to do registration immediately after the mark is obtained.